Question:  Could direct me to a source where I could purchase the strap on ventriloquist mouth piece which is placed on the helper and the ventriloquist operates the mouth movement with a cable /air line?
SARAH JONES from Australia
uses the MIC-MOUTH on Steve Axtell
*  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D:  I receive this inquiry rather frequently, but unfortunately, I do not know of a source for the "ventriloquist mask".  Maybe someone reading this knows?

 I do know Steve Axtell's "Mic Mouth", used for the same purpose, is a very effective option (and in some ways better, in my opinion).  Check it out: http://www.axtell.com/micmouth.html


  1. Wanlu's Puppets (http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/) makes 2 styles, big lips and grumpy/dumb. As far as I know, he's the only one that makes them. Every vent I've seen use them has one of Wanlu's. I wouldn't mind having one of his and Steve's Mic-mouth. Both can be a lot of fun.

  2. Lou Hilario also sells some great masks at: http://louhilario.net/cablemask.html Paige Parnell used to sell the Ventrilo-Mask which was a less expensive plastic version. Not sure if she still does.

  3. Anonymous1/11/2013

    I have several styles of vent mask available (duplicates of my own show items). Contact me at john@johndmagician.com if interested.