8/9/12

Jim Barber 2012-B Hall of Fame Coin

www.hofcoins.blogspot.com
I honestly do not remember when I first met Jim Barber.  But I'll never forget the first time I saw him walk on stage as Barber and Seville!   It was on a show at the annual Ventriloquist ConVENTion many years ago, and I was blown away by the creative, totally unique and skillful act which I experienced as more than highly entertaining...it was a challenge to my own creativity and for that I will be forever grateful.  Jim continues to combine unique characters with a wide vocal singing range and sound effects to create a one-of-a-kind performance that can be seen throughout the year at the Hamner Barber Theater in Branson, Missouri where he entertains nightly with his on-stage partners, illusionists, The Hamners.  Jim has performed his act for nearly 2,000 Colleges and Universities nationwide and earned the title of Comedy Entertainer of The Year from the National Association of Campus Activities.  His act has been featured on several national TV shows including Late Show with David Letterman.  Speaking personally, Jim is among those professional ventriloquists who have gone out of their way to encourage me in all my coin projects beginning with the first Dummy Dollar coin in 2010.  So it is in the spirit of this month's Olympics that I am pleased to award Jim Barber (and Seville) a Hall of Fame, "Gold Medal"!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... a "Gold Medal!" Thank you Clinton, and I didn't even have to jump off the high board, do a backflip, or swim a relay! Seriously, I am proud and honored to be included in this series of ventriloquist coins. To be among in the company of the other recipients is humbling to say the least.

    By the way, I found out that most vending machines won't accept these to purchase candy bars! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canon John Jordan.8/10/2012

    Jim Barber and the Hamners personify one word - "Class". Some years ago when they first issued their DVDs, I bought them. Much to my surprise, they arrived not only personally autographed, but also with a kind personal note from each of them. I have never had the opportunity to visit Branson, but if that opportunity should ever present itself, my first visit would be to their theater, hopefully to meet them and say, "Thank you". I'm pleased and proud to have a Jim Barber Hall of Fame coin in my collection. A true ambassador of all that's good in ventriloquism today.

    ReplyDelete