7/20/12

Ashes to ashes..

From Sandra Sladkey

Do you still make figures?  You made my Lacey Lu back in the 1980s.  She was consumed, along with everything else I owned, in a wildfire in the mountains of San Diego in 2003.  It still breaks my heart today to think I didn't think to bring her along as we fled.   Our photos were the one thing, besides living things, that we brought with us to save from the fire.   I'll attach a photo (below) of what our lives looked like after the fire!  So, the question is, "are you still making figures?"  I'm excited about the possibility of having Lacey come to life again, except I would have to name her something else because I now have a little dog named Lacey!
*  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D:   Losing anything to fire or storm is tragic.  Somehow vent figures that are destroyed seem a greater loss than some other possessions.  It appears your Lacey Lu was a female adaptation of the figure, Clipper.  I think I could build a similar likeness, but since it would not be an exact duplicate, your dog need not fear giving up her identity!   A new name is a good idea anyway.  I could not get started seriously until this Fall.    I'm taking a bit of a break from figure building for the Summer.

5 comments:

  1. Canon John Jordan.7/20/2012

    Sandra, if you are still touched by the loss of your little Lacey Lu after nine years, I'd urge you to turn the regrets into excited anticipation. Make a request to Clinton without delay to build you a new figure, starting when he feels able in the Fall. I'd even go so far as to suggest that you consider "Stacey Sue" as a new name. This will keep the alliteration you had with Lacey Lu's name, and further put a stronger stamp on your dreams for the future. You will be given the joy of a child waiting for a birthday celebration or Christmas as you await the arrival of your new figure. Don't rush, but go for it! The expectation will be a major part of the joy you will have in seeing a new figure rise from the ashes of your sad experience. I hope you do. And I hope you and Clinton will keep us all posted on the progress of this exciting new venture in ventriloquism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/20/2012

      Canon John, I so appreciate your encouragement for Sandra. You and Clinton can and do bring such joy to our world.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I am still very excited as I consider the possibility of my Lacey Lu being "resurrected"! As I mentioned to Clinton in an email, your suggested name is close to the name I used as hostess of a children's radio program I'd done for 20+ years until I lost my recording studio in the fire. I was "Sandi Sue." Thank you for encouraging me to keep the vision alive!

      Delete
  2. How about "Cindy Sue"? Out of the cinders after the fire!

    ReplyDelete