2/26/12

Blind ventriloquist retires

Blind Japanese ventriloquist Masami Sasaki, 70, recently gave the last performance of his career here, after 23 years of entertaining and encouraging many young children, elderly people and more recently survivors of the March 11 disaster.

Sasaki created tragicomic original pieces meant to convey affection to children, give courage to the handicapped and encourage elderly people to live. He soon became popular and accepted many offers to perform at day care centers and elderly care facilities nationwide.

"Through performing ventriloquism, I met many people. I was very encouraged by them and learned the importance of living strongly from them," said Sasaki in tears. "I was full of anguish when I lost my eyesight but I overcame the feeling, so I hope disaster survivors have learned something from me."

Read the full story:  http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20120225-330078.html

No comments:

Post a Comment