9/5/11

Whiffle



Reader Comment: I received the copy of Maher Messenger yesterday. Thanks. In one of the pictures I see a Whiffle figure. I have one of these. I have only seen two others. Curtis

* * * * *

From Mr. D: Not many Whiffle figures were made - you could probably count them on your fingers. Of course, that is true of most of the characters. But I always thought Whifle was cute. Craig specifically designed the Whiffle character with the mouth in mind. The chin does not drop as the mouth opens. Rather, the mouth has a "rolling" motion. Some describe this as the mouth "turning in its own groove." Many (perhaps most) of the Knee Pals that followed had this same feature to some degree, and other figuremakers use this design, but Whiffle was where it began with the Lovik figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment