8/29/11

Champagne Charlie




W. S. Berger and Champagne Charlie - I was looking for another photo and came across this one. I don't know any details on this figure, so your comments are welcome.

* * * * *

From Gary Koepke: "Champagne Charlie, from what I remember, is a 6' tall walking figure made by Frank Marshall and had a bulb in his hand to allow him to talk while he walked. Somewhere in my collection I have a small photo of them autographed by W. S. along with a letter telling me about the figure. Guess I was maybe 13 or so when he sent it."

1 comment:

  1. Gary Koepke8/30/2011

    Champagne Charlie, from what I remember, is a 6' tall walking figure made by Marshall and had a bulb in his hand to allow him to talk while he walked. Somewhere in my collection I have a small photo of them autographed by W.S. along with a letter telling me about the figure. Guess I was maybe 13 or so when he sent it.

    ReplyDelete