2/25/10

Marshall figure


From Kenny Warren:

"He" has arrived back to 'his' home in Brooklyn, New York. What a magnificent paint job you did on ol' "Joey", my treasured Marshall figure. I'm not sure if you realized it, but "Joey O'Leary" was the VERY last figure Frank Marshall was to make; Frank himself told me "Joey" was indeed a true Masterpiece, and as you saw, "he" is!

I can't begin to tell you how very pleased I am with the paint job; ol' "Joey" looks just like he stepped out of Frank's long gone studio on S. Loomis Blvd. in Chicago; "Joey" looks brand new again! It's like a trip back in time.

As you've no doubt noticed I really do have a passion for our shared art form; I especially love doing kids shows (the more kids the merrier!) and there's no doubt that "Joey" will continue to be a big hit! What I've been doing over the years is rotating my figures (I have a small collection, as you know) so that each wooden "kid" has a turn in the spotlight! And should I have a figure (for whatever the reason; sometimes it's economic!) that wouldn't get a turn in that spotlight, I'd rather move it along than keep a "little guy" in a suitcase, never to be utilized. Again, many thanks and regards to all, Ken

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful figure, beautiful paint job. Looks a great deal like Bill DeMar's Chuck Norwood.

    ReplyDelete