7/29/09

The "Ax" Family


Gary Owen "repped" Axtell Expressions at this year's Vent Haven Convention and he got the Axtell gang together for another Vent Haven Axtell Family shot. Above is a shot that Colorado vent Ed Casey took from the side. I know when many look at this picture, they focus on the puppets. Steve most likely looks to see how puppets and vents match up. Me? The first thing I checked was to see how many youth are in the photo - they are the future of the art and these days that is my personal primary concern related to the art of ventriloquism.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/18/2009

    I agree, Clinton. & some of these kids are AWSOME vents! I went to the convention last year for the first time in 18 years, & the kids were a true inspiration! I LOVED how excited they'd get! Took me back to MY childhood vent days. Matter of fact, one of my favorite parts of the convention was the junior open mic. What a treat to see the future of vent unfolding right before your very eyes! Bill Smith

    ReplyDelete