6/1/09

Free publicity photos


From Hillary Saffran


I had the opportunity to have some free photos taken of me and my puppets for a student's portfolio at The Art Institute. The meet was the result of an ad on Craigs list - "Wanted - a magician/ventriloquist, female preferred". I emailed back right away. The ad was placed by a photography student enrolled in the Art Institute in Denver. She had gone to a museum in Dallas a few months ago and saw a puppet exhibit, and thought it would be a cool thing to photograph a ventriloquist for her portfolio. So I brought everything I owned to her studio. She told me that her model wouldn't be paid, but I'd get the pictures for free as compensation. Is this divine Intervention, or what! It will save me a bit of money for sure! What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment