3/11/09

From Sammy King


Clinton,
Rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated, but after 4 months in a coma, one year in various hospitals, and a lot of thearapy I am back on stage at the Palm Springs Flollies for the entire season. Truly a miracle, and I thank you for passing the word around.
After the upcoming convention, I'm going to retire to Colorado and enjoy my granddaughter. I'm still planning on coaching a few of my ongoing students, but my performing will be limited.
Hope to see you in Colorado.
Warmest regards,
Sammy King

5 comments:

  1. Great to see Sammy is alive and well, and performing, he is one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking forward to seeing him at the conVeNTion in July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle Sam.....Uze D' man!!!, Congrats big pimpin'!!! Disneysking -

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3/18/2009

    Wow! I'm glad you are okay. I HATE talking to dead people. I've been out of touch, so had not heard the rumors.

    There was a rumor that I was killed in Viet Nam, and many were surprised to see me. However, I suffered no injuries like you did.

    I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I do mine, though I wish I were back in Colorado.

    Best wishes and fond memories!

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great honor and priveledge to meet and great Sammy King at the VH Convention in 2009 and to see him awarded a lifetime achievement honor and have his parrot retired to the Vent Haven Museum. Sammy you done good.
    N Jay @ Ventriloquially Yours

    ReplyDelete