10/28/12

It's Never Too Late!

Attention: Clinton Detweiler
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your promptness in forwarding my course in Ventriloquism. I found the material including the DVD most informative. My intent is to work with seniors and to add a ray of sunshine in their lives. I realize the necessity of discipline, as on October 18th I turned 94. My goal is to illustrate my talent on my 95th birthday. Thanks again for your interest and professionalism.
Ken Thornton
*  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D: 
What an encouragement YOU are! About the time I start thinking, "I'm getting too old for this," along comes your email! I guess I better take a deep breath, and get back out to my shop where several projects await!
For many years I've told people how Clinton White was the most senior student to enroll in the Maher Course of Ventriloquism.   And, until now, he was.   Mr. White purchased the Maher Course at age 84 and like yourself, performed for seniors, friends, family, and community for a good number of years. And very successfully. But you now have raised the bar, beginning your study of ventriloquism at age 94. With the determination and enthusiasm you express, I'm betting you will "illustrate your talent" before your next birthday!  Please stay in touch.

2 comments:

  1. That's great, makes me feel like a kid again. I guess I have another 25 years of performing ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/28/2012

    I've had to give up work because of an injury and had some other struggles and am finding it very hard to get going with vent again - then I read this email - no excuses now! I've got over 40 years to go - time to move!

    ReplyDelete