7/15/12

Humidity the culprit?

Question: I have a dummy that I bought for my daughter a number of years ago, and she decided it wasn't something she would use. It has been sitting in my closet, and the mouth and eyes have become hard to move. Is there anything you can do about that? I imagine the humidity in Oregon might have something to do with it, as well as it not being used much.   I use my other figure 4-5 times a week in Good News Clubs, a Christian school chapel and Sunday school. The kids love him. I also use him with adults and senior citizens occasionally, and I guess everyone "loves a dummy". He's been a great teaching tool as well as entertaining.  Faye Pruitt
*  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D:  Humidity certainly is not a vent figure's best friend, but often mechanical problems are, as you suggest, simply a result of the lack of use.  In either case, I can fix him up, good as new - maybe better.  :-)

Note to blog visitors:  Faye is the author of Bible Heros, published by Maher tudios.  Five complete dialogue ventriloquist programs written in Faye's uniquely captivating storytelling style.  Old favorite Bible stories with contemporary application.  For audiences of all ages.  Stories of Esther, Elijah, Ruth, Joseph, and Naaman.  40 pages.  I still have several copies of this book in stock.  $6.00 each PP.

No comments:

Post a Comment