3/14/12

From the artist

From Dave Miller:
I received the coins last night and I can't tell you how pleased I am with them. Your decision (and I'm sure it was a hard one to make) about using a modeling die as opposed to a brush die, (like the convention coins)  made all the difference in these beautiful coins.
 I am very impressed with the OSBORNE COIN PRODUCTIONS workmanship. They took my designs and improved them to show such things as teeth, (look at FARFEL and Fred Maher) slot jaws on the figures (to show they are Dummies), lines to show hair lines on the heads, the detail in the glasses (see the Fred Maher coin) even the little rose on Charlie's lapel, and the knuckles on Skinny Dugans hand and much, much more.
The coins are superb and have wonderful depth and dimension.
 I am very proud that you let me play a small part in this project and in your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment