11/27/11

Teamwork ...

Question:  Hi there, I am very very much interested in buying one of your ventriloquist figures in the near future. I was just wondering if I could buy it unpainted because my grandfather is an artist and we're very close.  He's been very supportive of my ventriloquism and I don't know how much longer he'll be around, as he hasn't be doing very well.  I just thought it would make this figure a sentimental piece.  Reid
*  *  *  *  **
From Mr. D:  Thank you for your interest in my ventriloquist figures, Reid.  I can appreciate the fact that you want to involve you grandfather in the process.  But the painting of a vent figure takes place at a point several steps before the end of the building process.   It is after the painting that I install the raising the raising eyebrows, the eyelashes, cut, style and fasten the wig into place.  The mouth is cushioned for silent closure.  And a couple other details.

Perhaps your grandfather can be consulted about the NAME the figure should have - very important.  And/or the clothes he should wear.  You and your grandfather could do some brainstorming about the character traits and personality the figure should be given.  Maybe your grandfather has some favorite jokes you and he could turn into dialogue between you and the figure.

As you include your grandfather in the development of your ventriloquist partner, I know you will make your grandfather feel very special.  He will be honored, and you will be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, what a great response to a difficult and sensitive question. It makes total sense and still accomplishes what the reader wants to get out of the development of the vent.

    ReplyDelete