11/11/11

For sale

I found the unused coloring book (below) in an antique shop in Iowa a number of years ago.  As a figure maker, I've always had a special love for the story of Pinocchio, and in particular, his wise maker, Geppetto.  And this unique book with "wipe-off" story board pages, edited and illustrated by Florence and Bob Dalton, has a wonderful image expression of Geppetto.  That image alone (above) drew me to purchase this book!

Published in 1954 by Jack Built Toy Manufacturing Company (Burbank, CA), this Color and Re-Color Book of Pinocchio (color, wipe off, and color again) is in very good condition.  It includes the full box of unused Crayons.  I'm ready to pass this item on to a new owner.  It is a rare find for the collector.  Or if you are like me, you may like to own it just for the pictures.  :-)

On eBay auction now:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290630905142

No comments:

Post a Comment