6/18/11

"I was saddened ...


From WK: " ... I was saddened to read you will no longer be making the Ventrilo-etts. I was hoping to order one in the near future."

* * * * *

From Mr. D: The decision to drop the building of Ventrilo-etts was not easy - I love those puppets! But I have a storeroom collection of figures (30 or more at least) that need attention and I don't have time for all. The figure pictured here is one of them. I believe it is one of the very first slotted jaw Knee Pals by Lovik. It was built about 1972 or '73 when he was still doing "return left" eyes, drop through neck, and making levers from coat hangers. I hope to change the eyes to self-centering, install a new ball-base neck with headpost, new levers and strings, repaint, restyle the wig, fit with a new body. Once that is done (a couple weeks?), that will be one less in the storeroom - only 29 or so to go! Will I ever be able to return to building Ventrilo-etts? Only time will tell, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment