10/1/09

Wilfred - a winner!


From Canon John Jordan

Clinton,

I'm "over the moon" with pleasure today. As you will have gathered, the "PTP" puppet was waiting for me right after lunch, and he's now sitting on my sofa resting up after the long trip from your workshop.

I use a mobility scooter to get around, and the shipping case was a little too awkward (no handles on the cardboard) for me to get it up to my suite, and so with great difficulty I had to exercise the virtue of patience until our maintenance man could bring it up to me. Fortunately, it was only about a five-minute wait, and I was all ready with my tape-cutter to open it up. In only a few minutes, I had him sitting on my left arm, and showed him around his new home while getting the feel of the controls. He's an absolute delight, I find the controls easy to use even with the arthritis in my hands, and while I want to do a lot of mirror practice in the next while, I'm comfortable with the voice I've been working on. I don't think it will be too long before he visits the dining-room an chats with the fellow residents.

One look at him, and I can see the care and attention you've poured into constructing him, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The hair with the slightest hint of grey is perfect, and all-in-all, he's even better than I'd been imagining. The forehead wrinkles, and the laugh wrinkles around his eyes and mouth show the work and skill you've poured into making him.

Before I close, I want you to feel free to tell anyone who raises the "age" question to tell them "Wilfred's" story, and even tell them to contact me if they won't take your word for the fact that no one's "too old" to enrich their lives and those of others. If they'd like a new hobby and follow your instructions in the Maher Course, all they need is the will to get going.
Thank you, and God's Blessings to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment