5/18/09

Whooo??


30+ years ago this ceramic owl was our son Kevin's gift to his mother for Mother's Day. The majestic bird has nested at our home over all those years, sometimes indoors and sometimes outdoors. As a result he was showing the passing of the years with dozens of flaked and chipped feathers. So today, a refurbishing and complete repainting of the owl was one of my shop projects. He'll receive several coats of clear marine finish over the next few days and when the job is completed he will hopefully look as though he just stepped from the pottery showroom.

For those of you thinking, "Why is Clinton working on an owl when he should be working on my order for a vent figure?", I suppose I should hasten to tell you I painted four ventriloquist figures today also!

No comments:

Post a Comment