5/20/09

Bear sighting!

Pest eradication? Nope - just decided as long as I was giving Mr. Wise Fellow (owl) a protective coat of marine finish, my Backyard Buddy (bear) should share in the fun. This fellow cooperates to the fullest, which is more than my Littleton neighbors to the East can say about the real life bear who meandered down from the mountains into their backyards last week! Officials made a reverse 911 call warning residents of a bear in the neighborhood, advising people stay in their homes. The result? You guessed it - so many people came outside in an attempt to see the intruder that officials also to deal with crowd control! Last I heard wildlife personnel were planning to trap the wayward animal and return him to the hills.

When I asked my backyard buddy what he thought of that exciting event, one could have predicted his response:

No comments:

Post a Comment