4/16/09

"All I can say is, Wow!"

"Dear Mr. Detweiler: I can't believe I found your web site. After searching for hours on the net, I was just about to give up when I stumbled upon your incredible dummies. All I can say is WOW! I first started to look for a skit for our Ladies Church Conference, which led to one requiring a ventriloquist (which I am not) which required a "dummy". After much research, I want to study the art of Ventriloquism and have a dummy of my very own to perform with at our church on future occasions. Do you think I can learn? And how long would it take? Also do you make girl dummies? I am anxious for your reply. God Bless your work and 'keep on keeping on'"! Sincerely, Donna
* * * * * *
Dear Donna: Thank you for your kind words...my first programs using ventriloquism were in my church as well. I think I gave my first program less than six weeks after I first bought the Maher Course of Ventriloquism. (Of course, I initially made certain my dummy avoided saying most words with "P's" and "B's" - Ha.) But, people were impressed, and I was hooked.I'd recommend you begin your learning using the DVD "Successful Ventriloquism" as the minimum instruction tool. Better still, the "Maher 30 Lesson Home Course of Ventriloquism" which includes the "Successful Ventriloquism" DVD. I have one female dummy ("Buffy") in my current cast of characters. See http://www.maherstudios.blogspot.com/ Scroll down until you see Buffy. I hope to add a couple other gals this Summer. Clinton Detweiler

No comments:

Post a Comment